Entering your items into the Online Tagging System
What is the ONLINE TAGGING SYSTEM all about?
KELLY'S KIDS CONSIGNMENT SALE online tagging system allows each registered consignor to inventory their items. Each consignor inputs all of their item information, such as gender, size, description, price, donate, and discount all online and then is able to print out all of their tags. Once an item is purchased at the sale, we scan your barcode. You will be able to see which items have sold once all the tags have been scanned in the system at the end of each night. All consignors need to sign up for our online tagging system to receive a consignor number. All items MUST be entered into the system by 11:59 PM on Sunday, March 20.
Step by Step Instructions
1. First, arrange your clothing items in order by gender and size.
2. Register to be consignor, you will be charged a $10 non-refundable consignor fee which will be deducted from your earnings check. to our online tagging system use your seller/consignor number and password. Consignor fee is non-refundable.
3. Click "Work With My Consigned Items"
4. Start entering your items:
a. Select category
b. Select size
c. Enter the description of the item. Be descriptive. It will help your item sell
d. Enter price - Must be in $.50 increments starting at $2.00. As a general rule, price your items at 1/4 to 1/2 of the original retail price. If an item is like new and name-brand, you can price it higher. If an item has been well loved and not name-brand, it should be priced on the lower end. Also, if you are looking to not have to take anything home at the end of the sale, price your items to sell. Best to ask yourself, "What would I expect to pay for this item?" Price it no more than what you would be willing to pay.
e. Select Discount- Check the discount box if you want your item to be sold at half price on Saturday during the half price sale. If the box is not checked your item will not be sold at half-price and may miss its chance of being sold.
f. Select Donate - Check the donate box if you want your unsold items donated. All items with tags selected for donate, will be donated. NOTE: All items must be picked up by 2:00 pm on Sunday or they will be donated to a charity, regardless of what you indicated on the bar-coded tag.
g. Click on “Add Item” OR click the Enter button. The system will add the item to the bottom of the screen for you to view and will automatically save the item.PLEASE NOTE: Notice at the bottom that all of your items are added to the bottom below the entry form. If you leave this tab or are timed out, then all of the items at the bottom of the page will disappear. DO NOT WORRY. They are still in the database and can be accessed via the Manage Inventory Screen.The system will time you out after it remains idle for 15-20 minutes. So try to sort them before you start tagging. If the system times out, you lose the efficiency of the system, because you will have re-enter all of your information again for the next tag.
5. When you are ready to print your tags: Select one of the 'Print Tags' options from our online tagging system. Please use only 90 lb. cardstock. Printing should be high contrast (dark print on white/light colored paper) and clear. If the printing isn't clear, try cleaning your printer head.
*If you do not have access to a printer which will print on cardstock then ask a neighbor or friend to print or print at Fedex for a small fee or print them at work. Also, EXTREMELY important, make sure the back of the tag is blank. If you print tags on both sides of the paper we have no way of knowing which item actually sold. Please remember to clean your printer heads and have adequate ink in your printer. If your tags print faintly they will not scan. Finally, please make sure you are printing your tags full size, 8 tags to a page, smaller tags do not scan and are also difficult for some of our elderly shoppers to read.*
*If you have any questions please contact us at . If the tags do not pop up in a new window, try turning off any popup blocker you may have running. If you are using Firefox, please print your tags using Internet Explorer. There are printing issues with our tags when printing from Firefox.*
6. You are ready to attach tags to your items! NOTE: Tags may NOT have handwritten changes on price, discount, or donate. Make a new tag if you make a mistake or change your mind about a price or item description. You will NOT be able to make any changes to your tags once they are checked in to the sale. Changes made by hand will NOT be accepted at check-out lanes.
7. Cut your printed tags and be sure to keep them in order by item #, this way it will be easy to find your item!